Monday, May 2, 2011

My Happy Evening

It’s10:40 pm, my room looks nice and cheery with the little chinese lights up around the veranda, Doris Day playing at the back, a very multi colourful vanilla cake slowly baking away in the oven and the rain pouring outside. I have the house to myself since my mother’s taken off to the boondocks for election coverage. My petunias are looking lovely white and bright now. I love them.



Today we heaved some lilies across town to the house but I’m most excited about this one plant we found with the tiniest, bluest flowers on them. I have no idea what plant it is. I’ll put up some pictures later and maybe someone out there could identify them. The flowers are a pale but bright blue which seems to glow in the sunlight. They look a little like christmas lights. I think for now I’ll bestow the appellation, Neon Flowers, on them. It’s fitting, I think.



Oven beeper’s gone off. Be Right Back!! {EXCITEMENT!!}

[Moments Later] First one’s DONE. It’s spectacular. I found this particular recipe for vanilla cake on You Tube . It seemed pretty straightforwards, but since this is the first time I’m making it I don’t know how it’s going to turn out, *holds breath* smell divine, as it may. My little twist was pretty simple but it takes a little doing. I just split the batter up in four separate bowls and coloured each batch a different hue [food colouring, of course]. Then I poured a bit of each into a baking tin and hey presto! It looks like the earth! Or one of those melted crayon thingies I saw tons of posts on all sorts of blogs.

Yay! I’m so happy. Now I can sleep beautifully tonight. What a lovely lovely night. And Listen To Doris Day A Bushel And A Peck

<3

1 comment:

  1. Darn! The links don't seem to have come out right. So here they are -
    1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOOwxbxok5I

    and

    2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNjv1WDGxt8

    ReplyDelete